Vastu for Basement
Basement is not allowed as per Vastu norms. But these days, people insist that due to lack of space and costly property, they are forced to manage it with basement. Especially in big apartments and malls, basements are used for parking space.
- If the basement is a must and has to be made, it should be placed in the North and East areas. South and West area should be left.
- If the complete basement is planned then the level of height of the North and East area should be kept more than the South and West.
- Heavy electrical and metallic items should never be kept in the basement.
- No basement should be constructed under the master bedroom and North West area.
- This may lead to sudden failures and accidents.
- The shape of the basement should be square or rectangular only.
- Entry to the basement should be from Eastside. But stairs should never be in North-East corner.
- North West or southeast direction of the basement may be used as car parking or servants room.
- The color of the basement should be light.
- Provision should be made so that the sunlight may be received in the basement.