We believe the kitchen is the best place to attain better health and improve motivation. Here are some guidelines for Vastu for kitchen
Every single appliance that finds pride of place in your kitchen is important, according to Vastu Shastra
The direction of the Kitchen
To ensure your kitchen is enveloped in positive vibes, the elements of earth, sky, air, fire, and water need to be in balance, according to Vastu Shastra. If necessary, change or amend certain areas in your kitchen to increase the positive energy in your home.
Listed below are the following important factors that one stringently needs to consider when designing a kitchen as per Vastu guidelines:
- According to Vastu Shastra, the Lord of Fire—Agni—prevails in the southeast direction of the home, which means that the ideal placement of the kitchen is the southeast direction of your home. If for any reason, you are unable to do so, the northwest direction will work. However, ensure that the kitchen is never constructed in the north, north-east, or south-west directions of the home as it will drastically ruin relationships between family members.
- All the objects inside the kitchen represent fire, so gas stoves, cylinders, microwave ovens, toasters, among other appliances should be placed in the southeast part of the kitchen. Also, these items should be placed in a manner that will compel a person to face the east while cooking. This will ensure positive energy, According to Vastu.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the washbasins and cooking range, which include the gas cylinder and oven, should never be kept on the same platform or parallel to each other in the kitchen, as both fire and water are opposing elements, thereby causing a negative impact on a person's behavior. It can create unintentional fights between couples and family members.
- Washbasins, the washing machine, water pipes, and the kitchen drain should be in the north or northeast direction inside the kitchen. However, an overhead tanker in the kitchen must never face the north or northeast direction. According to Vastu, the water tanker should be placed outside the kitchen in the western part of the house. It is important to keep a balance between the fire and water elements. If a balance is maintained with respect to water, you will prosper in terms of wealth and health.
- The refrigerator should be positioned in the southwest direction to help you overcome obstacles in life. It will also ensure a peaceful kitchen environment.
- Storage of grains and other stock should be in the southwest direction of the kitchen as it invites good luck and prosperity.