Main Gate According to Vastu
The entrance of a house explains everything because this is the gateway from which energies constantly go in and out. This important gate should be maintained with utmost care while direction should be appropriate to reap rich benefits. Specific directions decide the fate of occupants and if unfortunately placed in the wrong direction then remedies should be followed by traditional rituals prescribed.
All the negative and positive energies surround here and which is why is important to locate the main gate in the proper direction to maintain well-being and prosperity in the house.
Vastu tips for entrance are:
- The entrance of the house is best on the North and East sides.
- The entrance gate should be heavier, stronger, and bigger than other doors of the house.
- Keep the entrance clutter-free and tidy to make the surroundings positive.
- The entrance should never be dark and ensure that this place is well lit throughout.
- Avoid keeping garbage or dustbin near the entrance.
- Main should not make any creaky noise.
- The main gate should never face intersecting roads.
- There should not be any obstruction in the entrance gate with things like poles, trees, wires, and vehicles.
- The main door should always open inwards.
- The entrance of the house should not face the temple.
- Embellish the main door with Om, Swastik, and flowers.
- Avoid any underwater or septic tanks under the main entrance.
- The lift of the building should not face the entrance.
- No wall should obstruct in front of the main gate.
- Avoid self-closing doors.
- The best material for the main gate is Teak.