Vastu for Office
People often try to make sure that their offices adhere to Vastu Shastra guidelines, to usher in luck and fortune. From maintaining cash flow to business stability, it is believed that Vastu can play a role in everything that you do in the office. In fact, if properly followed, Vastu can also bring financial prosperity and holistic well-being to your workplace. To help you with this, we delve into some important Vastu guidelines that you can follow at your office.
Vastu tips for seating arrangement
Department-wise seating arrangement
- Entrepreneurs should sit facing the north, east or north-east, as these directions are said to encourage growth and new beginnings.
- People who are in marketing or sales should face the north-east direction, to ensure proactiveness. They can also sit in a northwest direction.
- Account department officials should sit in the south-eastern corner and should face the north-east direction.
Seating arrangement for managers and owners
- People in leadership roles, should have a cabin in the west direction and face the north-east direction.
- Business owners should sit facing the east or north directions. Also, there should be a solid wall behind the seat and not a wooden divider or curtain.
- managers, directors, and executives should sit in the southwest, south, or west corner of the office. This will help the workforce take better decisions.
Employee seating arrangement
- Employees must face the north or east while working in the office, as it improves productivity. Employees should not sit directly under a light beam. If it is unavoidable, then, it can be covered with a wooden board.
Vastu tips for office entrance
- The entrance of the office should be in the north or north-east or north-west direction.
- These directions are considered to be auspicious and bring positivity.
- North direction is also known as the direction of the lord of wealth.It will help you in accelerating financial profits, as well.
Vastu tips for office decor and interiors
According to Vastu guidelines, the north direction is ruled by the god of wealth while the north-east direction is indicative of a person’s financial health. You can keep a mirror or Kuber Yantra in the north direction or on the northern wall of the office, to ensure good financial health.
- Avoid piling up of finished goods in the northeast direction, especially in front of the office desk. You can place these goods in the northwest direction, to ensure smooth clearance of unsold stock.
- Place your safe in the southwest corner of the office, to keep financial documents. The safe should face the north-eastern direction, to ensure prosperity.
Vastu tips for the reception at the workplace
- The reception of any office should be built in the northeast or east direction.
- The receptionist must be seated facing north or east.
- The logo or the company profile should be on the southern wall of the reception area. Vastu also says that the reception table should be placed diagonally at the front door of the office.
- French lavender flowers or green jade flowers can be kept in the reception area. You can also keep a four-leaf clover plant at the entrance.
Vastu tips for pantry/canteen area at the workplace
- The pantry should be constructed in the southeast direction.
- At any cost, it should not be located in the north.
- The walls of the pantry can have colors like light blue or green and plants can also be kept in the pantry.
- Vastu tips for washrooms at the workplace
- Washrooms are considered to have bad or negative energy. So, it is very important to get the placement of the washroom right.
- The washroom should be in the west or north-west direction.
- Washrooms should never be in the east, north-east, or south-east directions.
Vastu tips for the staircase at the workplace
- The staircase can be constructed in the south or south-west direction.
- There should be no staircase in the center of the office, as this can lead to financial drain.
- Plants can be kept on the corners of each step.
Vastu tips for installing elevators/lifts
- According to Vastu experts, elevators in an office should be installed in the north or east directions, while the north-east and south-west directions should be avoided at all costs.
- Do not install lifts exactly in front of the main entrance as it will flush out the positive energy from the space.
- Avoid mirrors on the left as it is not suitable as per Vastu Shastra.
Vastu tips for your office desk and cabin
- Place a mountain scenery in your cabin, behind the chair.
- You can also place a turquoise pyramid on the desk, for better relations with your employees and peers.
- Keep your desk clean and clutter-free.
- Do not let unimportant documents pile up on your desk.
- Keep papers and books locked away.
- Throw away broken stationery as it acts as an obstacle to financial prosperity.
Vastu tips for choosing wall colors for the office
Always use bright colors for the wall paint and décor, as it spreads positivity, reflects light, and keeps negative vibes at bay.
Here is a color guide for your office:-
Blue: This color makes the overall aura cheerful and full of positive vibes. You can use this color for the southern wall.
Green: Use different shades of green color as it is beneficial for professional relationships. Paint the south-western wall in green color, to promote harmony in the office culture.
White: Use different shades of white, cream, and yellow in the southeast, east, northeast, and northwest corners, and walls.
Red and pink: Usually, office interiors are not painted in red and pink tones but if you want, you can use these colors on the southern walls.
Vastu tips for placing plants in the office
To bring positivity and some freshness to your workplace, you can consider adding the following plants at your office. This list has been consolidated keeping in mind the extremely dry conditions due to air-conditioning.
- Basil plant
- Money plant.
- Lucky bamboo plant.
- Lotus plant.
- Lily plant.
- Snake plant.
- Lemon balm
You can also consider keeping jade plants on your desk. Apart from this, areca palm plants and dracaena plants are good options, as it brings good luck and prosperity.
Vastu tips for conference/meeting rooms
According to Vastu, the best direction to have a conference or meeting room is the northwest. This direction is also suggested for marketing and sales staff, as they require motivation for improving their performance. You can also plan a waiting room in this area.
Vastu tips for choosing office furniture
- For north-facing workstations, things like files, documents, and electronic appliances like computers, must be kept on the left side of the table.
- East-facing workstations should have storage space on the right-hand side.
- Workstations or desks must never be L-shaped or any other irregular shape as it may create confusion and delays in the delivery of work.
- Never eat food at the workstation or desk, as it shows disrespect to work.
- Business owners, especially entrepreneurs, must ensure that their desk is rectangular or square-shaped and made with a superior grade of wood. Avoid tables with glass tops or metal tables, as these are not considered lucky for any growing businesses.
Vastu tips for home office
Since work from home has become the new normal, here are some Vastu tips to ensure your workspace at home has a balanced environment and promotes productivity:
- Set up your desk/home office in the west or south-west direction. Your position during work must be towards the northeast.
- If you have a separate space that can be converted into an office, opt for neutral colors. You can also choose light gold, as it ensures productivity and profits.
- The work chair should be comfortable, spacious, and up to the head of the person sitting on it.
- The drawers should be in the west or south-west section of the desk.
Common Vastu defects and their remedies
- Having the master cabin located in the northeast or southeast, is a major Vastu defect. As a remedy, place a natural crystal rock in the southwest corner of the main cabin.
- The main entrance of the office should be free from any kind of obstacle and the environment should be bright and emit fragrance. However, there could be a pillar or a tree at the front entrance. You can place a basil plant between the pillar and the main door. This will add some greenery to the space and make the entrance look welcoming.
- You can place a bright painting in the office’s east direction, to weed out negativity from your office premises. This will also boost the productivity of your employees.
- If your office has a floor sloping towards southeast or west, you can place a lead metal or copper pyramid on the sloping side. You can also place three triangular coral stones if the slope is towards the southeast.
- If your office has a pantry or toilet in the center of the premises, keep Vastu salt in a wooden bowl and replace it every week.
- If the pantry or the kitchen has the stove and sink very near to each other, place a copper swastika behind the gas/stove and a pyramid made of Shriparni wood, close to the sink.
- You should pick very specific colors to paint your office. For a small office, choose colors in a light shade, such as pastel and neutral hues. For large office spaces, you can use some bright colors. There should not be any error in selecting the colors, as otherwise, it can have consequences.
- For offices that have extended corners in the northwest, south-east, or south-west direction, you can keep aromatic plants in the window in the north-west corner. Apart from this, putting wind chimes with six pipes in the window in the northwest can also be beneficial. You can also use the extended area as a storeroom.