Peridot, a gemstone that varies in hue from yellow-green to deep olive green, has held a fascination for people for millennia.
August’s birthstone, peridot was first discovered on St. John’s Island (or Zabargad) near Egypt around four thousand years ago. Cash America's PeridotsCleopatra, Queen of Egypt, is said to have had an obsession with emeralds and peridot stones alike.
- Wearing a peridot can bring prosperity and happiness as it boosts creative powers and resulting satisfaction gained from work.Individual wearing peridot gemstone can gain tremendously by way psychological healing. It is a gemstone for emotional strength and letting go of the past.
- Natural peridot can be a great gemstone for individuals suffering from depression or anger issues (one needs to check the suitability of the gemstone in ones birth chart though)
- Peridot gemstones have capacity for healing liver and digestion related ailments. They are believed to have regenerative powers.
- If you are constantly battling any kind of fear as one of your biggest challenge, then fear is the gemstone for you as it directly works on the heart chakra and gets healing!
- Peridot is said to rejuvenate and better the power of sight and also boost immunity