Its color is as unique as it is seductive, though in fact this gemstone of all gemstones is said to protect its wearer against seduction. The amethyst is extravagance in violet. For many thousands of years, the most striking representative of the quartz family has been a jewel coveted by princes both ecclesiastical and secular. Moses described it as a symbol of the Spirit of God in the official robes of the High Priest of the Jews, and the Russian Empress Catherine the Great sent thousands of miners into the Urals to look for it. In popular belief, the amethyst offers protection against drunkenness - for the Greek words 'amethystos' mean 'not intoxicated' in translation.
- The Top benefit of Amethyst Gemstone is that it is a strong antidote to intoxication. Amethyst gem helps remarkably in overcoming Alcohol addition.
- In the sacred texts, it is regarded as the superior alternative gemstone to the Blue Sapphire gemstone and has the astrological energies of Saturn. Saturn rules over the sign of Capricorn and Aquarius and individuals of these signs can wear the Amethyst Stone after an astrological analysis of their birth chart.
- It is a gemstone that helps in meditating and enhancing the meditative quality. Directly impacting the crown chakra this is the Gemstone of higher knowledge, values, and ideals. It gives the power to meditate and focus for Long Lengths of Time.
- In General, considered to be the February Birthstone as per Astrology, Amethyst is a healing gemstone that helps in breaking long-standing negative life patterns.
- It is a Gemstone of tremendous spiritual value and helps in balancing the chakras and awakening of the Kundalini.
- It is a gemstone that helps in overcoming the inferiority complex.